Friday, September 10, 2010

Wedding Bootcamp

This past July my parents came up to visit and help out with a lot of wedding details and planning. We were so thankful to have them for the long weekend and were very appreciative of all of the support and guidance they provided.

The weekend started off with the local meat raffle. I thought it would be fun to let my parents experience a Minnesota activity. Needless to say, we were not very lucky at all with the meat raffle or even the pull tabs. We had fun nonetheless.


That evening I scheduled invitation assembly. Thank goodness they were there to help out. If I had done it all by myself . . . it would have taken me all weekend. We got all of the invitations made and stuffed. We finished sealing the envelopes the next morning and got them in the mail. No turning back now!



For a break, I booked a lunch boat ride on Lake Minnetonka. It was a beautiful afternoon with tasty food and beautiful scenery. Not to mention the company.


My parents also got to experience the Target fireworks which were absolutely amazing. They agreed that it was the best fireworks show they had seen.


The rest of the weekend involved my mom and I shopping while Alex and my dad bonded at the gun range. A dress fitting, meeting with the florist, meeting with the golf club and probably a few other things that I can't remember that we did. We got a lot accomplished, which only made room for the other growing list of things to do.

I was sad to see them leave, but knew I would see them shortly in DC.

2 comments:

Kristan said...

Aw, that was nice of them to come help. Wait, what was in DC though?

NDEmBug said...

More posts to come . . . the anticipation!