Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

A couple of weekends ago my parents came into town for a quick visit. They drove 12 hours in ONE day. I warned them and suggested they stay over night somewhere in the middle, but they insisted they wanted to do it all in one day. I think after the drive, they have decided to take my advice next time.

They arrived late Friday night and left early Monday morning. They drove back to Chicago for a few days to celebrate their 35th Wedding Anniversary. 

We had beautiful weather although Saturday was on the chilly side. Mom and I went to my neighbors Pampered Chef party while Dad and Alex did a few things around the house that we weren't sure how to do . . . getting our wireless internet to work and setting up our water softener. Later that day we all went to the Mall of America for a few hours. Afterwards, we went to Oceannaire for dinner and celebrated their anniversary together.

On Sunday we went to Stillwater to take a boat brunch cruise. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. A perfect day for a boat ride on the St. Croix river. The last time I was in Stillwater was when we got engaged.

 

The only good thing about the boat was being outside and the company. The brunch was absolutely horrible. You could have bounced the eggs off of the floor. 

 
We picked up the boat by the famous lift bridge that Alex had to see and then got down on one knee and proposed. The bridge actually lifted for our boat to go underneath. I have never seen a bridge "lift" and was surprised how fast it went up and down.


The day was so relaxing and peaceful. It was a great way to enjoy the day with my parents.
 
 
This is one of my very favorite pictures of my parents. I can only hope Alex and I are like this after 35 years.


I was happy to have my parents in town to visit even if it was for a short time. Alex and I will be home over the 4th of July weekend so we'll visit soon enough again. Currently, I am busy trying to plan out Joe's visit. He is coming to visit in little over a week.

2 comments:

Kristan said...

Okay, having just driven 7.5 hrs (twice in one weekend) let me just say that I HOPE THEY TAKE YOUR ADVICE NEXT TIME!! And now I must go sleep.

:P

Oh, but also: how cute to celebrate their anniversary and yet also get to relive your proposal! :) And that pic of them is GREAT. (You look quite a bit like your mom!)

Mattie said...

I love your parents! I'm so glad that you are able to still have them come visit you, especially for THEIR anniversary.

Hope all is well with you and Alex...it sure looks like it is!