Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday is still June 20th. However, almost 6 months later to the day I finally got to redeem my present from Alex. He bought us tickets to go see Celine Dion in concert here in Minneapolis. We were supposed to go in October but she cancelled the day before and rescheduled for February. Needless to say I was disappointed. For one reason or another she rescheduled for December, two days before we headed home for the holidays. 

Alex took me to a fabulous restaurant, Seven Steakhouse. It was probably the best steak I have had in a long time.


We ordered a shrimp cocktail. These were a meal in themselves. They were HUGE and tasty!
"My Heart Will Go On" (the third encore) is always a crowd pleaser. To hear her sing it in person always gives me chills.



Celine was not even finished with her 3rd song, "Power of Love," when Alex leaned over and said that "This is amazing!" Alex admitted he was skeptical of coming but now has complete respect for Celine and understands why I enjoy her so much. It was the best indoor concert he saw, the second best overall. That is a pretty bold statement for someone who would much rather be at a hockey game.

It was a great birthday. I was happy to finally get to celebrate with Alex since we were apart in June.

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Hmm, I never thought about it, but I bet she DOES give a good concert. Her and Britney. In totally different ways. :P

I can dig Celine, though. I'm glad you had a fun time!