Sunday, October 26, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

I received an awesome surprise last weekend. My mom and dad came to Minneapolis for a visit. I had no idea they were coming. Apparently my parents found a great deal on tickets and arranged the surprise with Alex. Very sneaky!!! I should have known something was up when Alex all of a sudden got this need to clean during the week. :o) Anyway, Alex and I had planned a date on Friday night. He took me to dinner at the Oceannaire. (I recommend the crab cakes and hashbrowns.) As we were walking back to our table there were two familiar faces behind menus. SURPRISE! I could not believe my parents were in Minneapolis. I was speechless and so HAPPY to see them.

We had a great visit even though it was short. Unfortunately, I do not have many pictures. Dad took most of them. Perhaps once I get them I can update and share. We toured General Mills, Lake Minnetonka, shopped in Excelsior, drove around Lake Harriet, Lake Calhoun, and Lake of the Isles. We drove up the parkway and toured Robbinsdale (our neighborhood). We also took them to an apple orchard called Apple Jack's. Unfortunately, we are at the end of the season so the apples were literally picked over. 

We did go through the corn maze. It seemed like fun. They had clues for us to answer but I think people moved signs and created new paths.


We tried to have fun but it was unusually warm. We overdressed thinking it would be a bit chilly. As soon as we were in the maze we were ready to get out.


Once we got out of the maze, we headed to the barn to get some apple goodies . . . cinnamon donuts, apple pull aparts, apple fritters . . . YUM! We even got to pick apples inside since there were not many left on the trees. We now know to go earlier next year!


1 comment:

Kristan said...

Aww! I had to laugh at "I should have known something was up when Alex all of a sudden got this need to clean during the week."

Yay corn maze! Although Alex is so tall it looks like y'all could easily find your way out... :P