Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Thanksgiving Traditions

Alex and I stayed in the Twin Cities for Thanksgiving. We had a few invitations this year to spend it with friends, however, we declined. We have gotten used to and actually enjoy our Thanksgivings together, just the two of us. Well, three of us.

This year, I came home from work with beautiful flowers from Alex to kick off the holiday weekend.


I wanted to do something a bit different for our Thanksgiving dinner this year. So I searched high and low for a popover pan to make popovers. We loved them so much that they will become a new traditional item to add to our Thanksgiving feast.


I love using our wedding china for these special dinners.


 Another big and juicy turkey. I picked out a 16 pounder for the two of us. We didn't eat all of it, but saved the leftovers for future tasty dinners.


We didn't want to make a big dessert that we would eat the entire weekend. So we opted for individual desserts that we would eat in one sitting. They were tasty.


Our After Thanksgiving Dinner Movie tradition continued with a viewing of Hugo. It was the perfect way to start the holiday season.

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Your hair is getting so long! Looks lovely.

Mmm, your post is making me hungry.