Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hippity Hop it's Peter Cottontail

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and was able to enjoy the day with their families. The weather was absolutely beautiful here in the Twin Cities. Since it was so warm, the Easter Bunny made a quick stop by our house for Alex this year.


Before we headed to Mass, I made breakfast for Alex and I. We went to Mass at the Basilica of St. Mary in Minneapolis. Aside from the fact that the service was amazing as always (I love all of the pomp and circumstance at Easter), the Basilica is absolutely beautiful. I am always in awe of all of the architectural details.


Last year was a pretty boring Easter. We had no idea that the city pretty much shuts down for the Holiday. Which it should and probably does in Ohio too, however, since we had no family to visit or places to be, we were very aware of the lack of activities to do.

So this year, I planned Easter egg coloring. Alex was a very good sport. He got into decorating his eggs and was very secretive with what he was doing.




Like many things that I try to do as an adult that I did as a child, I always remember it being so much more fun than it turns out to be. Some things are just meant for kids. We rounded out the day with a very big ham and potato dinner. I even made a key lime pie from scratch. It was very good if I say so myself. Another successful Easter in Minneapolis!

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Too cute! Your basket looks amazing. And your breakfast! Mmm, muffins...

Andy made me (and Riley, hehe) an Easter basket this year, but I think next year I will surprise him with an Easter egg hunt. Shhh!