Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lights Out!

My least favorite holiday of the year came and went quickly this year . . . Halloween. Thank goodness. However, that didn't stop me from carving pumpkins. We actually were going to get very creative with our pumpkins this year. We picked out multiple pumpkins different shades.

We had the 5 pumpkins sitting outside. Unfortunately, our neighborhood squirrels got to them first. We lost a green and small one. As in they completely devoured them. Grrr . . . they even got there little claws in the other ones as well. So we had to rework our plan.


I got a little more creative with my pumpkin face this year. Surprisingly, pumpkin carving is one of my favorite things about Halloween.


Alex was all smiles as he waited for the kiddos to come.


Cider even liked her pumpkin too!


We got a lot of compliments on our pumpkins, especially Cider's.


Not sure how Cider would act with all of the kids, I got a few new toys to occupy her time. She liked them a lot.


However, all of the strange people coming to our door was much more interesting to her. She did really well and eventually just laid down in front of the door.


Alex ran into the house very quickly at 7:45pm frantically turning off all the lights. He ran out of candy. In fact, he pretended to give candy to a large group because he only had 3 pieces and there were 7 kids. We bought approximately 550 pieces of candy and that still wasn't enough. Guess we need to get more for next year. Fantastic!

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Giving out candy has always been my favorite part of Halloween, but I have to admit, I'm worried about how Riley will take it. We don't have trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood right now, but someday when we move, I'm afraid he'll bark his head off -- either scaring them off, or annoying us to death… Glad to hear that Cider handled it well.