Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Probably one of my 2nd favorite holidays after the 4th of July is Memorial Day. I love the long weekend, cookouts, and all of the American flags and tributes to our armed services.

Here are some shots I took around the house today with Alex's camera.





As I mentioned before, Alex and I live along Victory Memorial Drive. It gets its name from all of the memorial markers for all of the local residents that served in WWII. These markers sit at the base of each tree along the drive. On Memorial Day they place American flags at each marker.



It is amazing to see the flags lined up as far as the eye can see on both sides of the parkway.

2 comments:

Mattie said...

Just beautiful! BTW...what kind of camera does Alex have?

Kristan said...

Love the second flower shot, and that last one of the flags!

Andy's brother is a Marine now, so I think this day means more to me than it used to. I mean, I was always appreciative, but I never had someone close to me in the service. It definitely changes things.