Friday, January 23, 2009

Gcom Tubetacular Event

Last Friday, we headed up the street to Thomas Wirth Golf Course for the General Mills Gcom Tubetacular Event. The golf course had converted one of the hills into a snow tubing hill and Gcom (Alex's division at General Mills) rented it out for the evening for all of the families. I had never been tubing let alone sledding. Winters in Ohio do not typically provide the amount of snow to make it worth the effort. 

Despite the cold temperatures and I mean cold, -30 degree windchill, Alex and I headed out for what turned out to be a very fun evening. 


The first run down was a bit scary. I didn't end up going as fast as I thought I would go, which was fine by me. We went down in groups and pairs, and I even did a solo ride which was extremely frightening since I ended up going down backwards halfway through.



Alex decided to get a running start AND go face first on run of his solo runs. I chose to watch and wonder what thought possessed him to make that decision.


By the end of the night, the snow was starting to feel likes needles hitting our faces. I was tired of walking up the side of the hill as well. We were supposed to have a pulley system pull us up in the tubes but that was down for some reason. We decided that it was time to leave for the night. 

It was a lot of fun and I hope we can go again soon!

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Oh, Andy and I went tubing at Perfect North, it was so much fun!! What a cool idea for a company event.

On that note, the Outlook party was last night and quite nice. We had a little place on Mainstrasse to ourselves and the food was great. We missed you!