Some favorite or interesting moments include;
1. Young girl (age 15-18) in everyday clothes coming up and opening her purse saying "Trick-or-Treat."
2. Two children walking up the sidewalk with mom and dad escorting them, or so we thought, until both mom AND dad held out their bags and said "Trick-or-Treat."
3. Mom comes up and holds out two bags expecting candy. We must have had looks on our faces because she said "I know I'm too old, right? My son is in the car. His legs are tired." Okay, that explains one bag in your hand . . . what about the other one . . .
4. Kids wanting to choose and/or upsize their candy.
5. "Trick-or-Treat," "Thank You," and costumes are optional.
We did have fun though . . . for the most part the kids were nice and appreciative and parents reminded them to say "Thank You." We did get two older kids to do tricks for us. Our favorite costumes include; frogs, police officers, Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2, and a Boxer.
I haven't trick-or-treated in 15+ years but things seem to be a lot different.